Hello loyal blog followers!
So I’ve got a few things to catch you up on, but first… A LIST!
Things I Wonder About the World:
- Is there some kind of universal sign or symbol for indicating that there is no toilet paper left in the stall you’re in, before you find out the hard way?
- Why is Cookie Dough Ice Cream always chocolate chip cookie dough? Why not peanut butter cookie dough, or sugar cookie dough?
- If the president of the United States dies during his second term in office, does the vice president (who then becomes the president) get to run for a second term because technically speaking he has only been the president for (under) one term? Or does the original president’s first term count as time served for the former vice president , now current US president?
- How do I use the word perspicacious in a sentence without sounding pretentious or contrived?
- Why is it that the earth is 150 MILLION km from the sun, and yet a 23degree tilt in either direction can cause temperature changes ranging from -30°C – 30°C in Calgary, Alberta, Canada (and other places, but for the sake of argument, let’s just stick with Calgary).
Phew, that was exhausting.
Ok, on to the life updates:
- I have a new job teaching at an all boys school for boys with SEN statements, etc. It’s a 30 minute walk from my flat (which is AWESOME!), and I’m making a crap ton more money that I was at my last school (also awesome) and they’re giving me time off to go to Canada (mega awesome)… I’ve not met the kids yet so they could be (and probably are) little terrors, but that’s ok, because I like that kind of thing. (By the way, this school is probably not going to sponsor me, but at least I have a job while I look for another one!)
- Last night was Part 1 of Epic Date Night with Rob. We went to see the Peter Pan statue together in Kensington Gardens, and then we went bowling, which was so fun! Admittedly, bowling with only two people isn’t the best because the game goes by so quickly and you don’t get any down time to chat with people, but we had a fun time! And then we went to see Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice which we were both slightly disappointed by, but I WILL say that the movie was very aesthetically pleasing… like the effects were, I don’t really care to look at Ben Affleck or Henry Cavill. Today is Part 2 of Epic Date Night, but I can’t tell you what is going to happen because it’s a surprise.
- Sainsbury’s has produced Pure Canadian Maple Syrup… so this ought to be a fun experiment!
- It is officially 27 days until I go to Canada! I am flying into and out of Edmonton, because it’s cheaper and it made more sense since my family now lives in Didsbury.
- I’ve decided two things recently: One is that my blog post isn’t interactive enough, so I’m going to start asking questions to be answered, and the other is that I need a new hobby.
On that note, the question to end my blog post:
WHAT SHOULD MY NEW HOBBY BE!?
(Please answer in the comments!)
-Moose ❤ ❤